I absolutely love having guests over and entertaining friends and family. I’ve been like that since growing up and as a child we always had a house full on a weekly basis.
Here are a few tips to make your guest/s feel extra special when they stay over:-
- Firstly you want your guest room to look inviting, so if you are thinking of ideas for decorating your guest room Julian Charles has some beautiful options for luxury bedding and curtains in different styles and colours to suit many tastes!
- Wash all the bedding in preparation with a gorgeous smelling fabric softener, try one from the Lenor perfume range – they smell delicious!
- Set the temperature in their room so its not too cold/too hot for your guest.
- Place fresh flowers in their bedroom and throughout the house which always brings a homely feel, or even just an old wine bottle with one fresh flower and some greenery works just as well!
- Leave a fresh fluffy towel and some toiletries for them to use in case they forgot to bring their own, just a few basic items: Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel etc. Mini hotel toiletries are perfect for this and I always take home the mini Elemis ones which smell delicious but I don’t use for myself and will save them for guests
- I always buy in something yummy for breakfast, usually fresh orange juice, organic filter coffee, natural yogurt, a selection of fruit and croissants with a range of local honey and jams.
- Pop on some wax melts to make your home smell gorgeous, my favourite at the moment are the coffee ones which are handmade from local Pembrokeshire business Coastie Candles made from soy (IG: coastie_candles), they smell amaaazing, last a long time and I love that they are made by a small family business!
Usually the night guests arrive will be spent catching up over a few drinks, I will have wine and prosecco in the fridge chilling or will make a cocktail or mocktail depending on what they fancy. Instead of spending hours cooking whilst a guest is here I prefer to usually get in antipasti which is quick, easy and always goes down well with a few drinks! Pudding is usually some good quality dark chocolate or at the moment I’m loving the Halo Top protein ice cream pots (the peanut butter cup is INSANE!)
* This post is in collaboration with https://www.juliancharles.co.uk