Calling all Chocoholics!
What better way to celebrate Easter than by making this chocolate beast?!
I made this gorgeous Ferrrero Rocher Cheesecake recently and it went down like a DREAM! Everyone loved it! Super easy to make and looks bloody luscious! I found this on BBC Good Food and it had a rating of 5 stars so I had to try it out! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/no-bake-chocolate-hazelnut-cheesecake
- 140g unsalted butter
- 300g digestive biscuit, broken up
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 85g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, 5 roughly chopped, remainder reserved, to decorate
- 4 tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread (I used Nutella)
- 25g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Serves 10-12 people
- Make the cheesecake base: melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb, add the melted butter and pulse until well combined. Tip into a 23cm springform cake tin and press down firmly into the base. Chill while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl to soften. Whisk the cream and vanilla in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into the cream cheese. Stir through the chopped chocolates. Spoon over the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 6 hrs, or overnight.
- Once it has set, place the chocolate hazelnut spread in a saucepan and melt over a low heat for 3-4 mins until runny. allow to cool slightly before spreading over the top of the cheesecake. Decorate with remaining chocolates and some chopped hazelnuts. Chill until ready to serve.
To see my last ‘Food’ post click here